Monday, September 26, 2011

Weekly Training Wrap - 09/19 – 09/25

This was my first week on the new plan and it was a bear for a few reasons. First, it is one of the higher mileage weeks on the Pfitz 18/55 plan, so not an ideal weak to just jump on. And really all the paces this week (except Sunday) were at or below my GA pace. It was a tough week for both miles and intensity.  Second, I have to get my body used to getting up earlier to fit in MLR workouts during the week. And finally, I was coming off the race week from Lead King Loop and didn't really have a chance to "recover" before hitting some hard miles. I am pleased with my performance this week and definitely think I am stronger for it. The next two weeks offer a little relief from the intensity.

Day Miles Notes
Monday Rest
Tuesday 7 Recovery day at the high end of GA range.
Wednesday 12 An MLR at low end of GA range.
Thursday 10 Tempo run -
10 with 6 miles @ 15K pace: 7:23, 7:18, 7:13, 7:08, 7:13, 7:18
Friday Rest
Saturday 20 Long Run @ low end of GA range
Sunday 5 Family recovery run (extremely easy)
Total 54 About 3340 vertical feet gained*

* - Being a road training plan, my vertical gain will probably decrease slightly in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment