Monday, October 31, 2011

Weekly Training Wrap - 10/24 – 10/30

This week brought our first real blast of winter weather. As a result, my schedule seemed in flux all week long.  First I switched my MLR and my GA run to accommodate the impending weather. And then Saturday I was supposed to do 18 with 14 at marathon pace. However the one long, flat training area around is a breeze/crushed gravel trail and still had too much remaining snow. Now I get to attempt that run next Saturday! On the whole this week didn't seem that hard. I would almost describe it as a "maintenance" week where I sort of just kept and fine-tuned my fitness -- makes sense considering I pushed the hardest run of the week off the calendar.

I finished the month of October with 233 miles, my fourth largest of the year.  Since I will be tapering for half the month, my November mileage will drop off significantly.

A little random thing I thought I would share: This week I reread Lance Armstrong's book "It's Not About the Bike". I have read it several times in the past, but not since I've learned what it means to be an endurance athlete. It's a very inspiring book and an interesting read because you can compare the man he is today to the man he described himself as in the book.

Day Miles Notes
Monday Rest
Tuesday 12 MLR at GA pace
Wednesday8 GA run in snow
Thursday 10 Intervals 5 x 1000: 6:30, 6:22, 6:22, 6:18, 6:18
Friday Rest
Saturday 17 LSD run with 1250' vertical
Sunday 5 Recovery with a little burst
Total 52 About 3300 vertical feet gained

No comments:

Post a Comment