Saturday, March 17, 2012

Weekly Training Wrap - 3/12 - 3/18

Finally a good week! I was able to incorporate all kinds of workouts this week -- hills, recovery, GA, and a 50K long run.  The Saturday 50K was my third longest run ever by distance and 4th longest ever by time.

One of the things I love about doing these Fat Ass Events is meeting new people. I am now going to run the Grand Canyon because I saw Sherpa John's post and responded. Crazy how life unfolds from the tiniest of decisions. And the two Fat Ass events I participated in turned out to be highlights in my winter training. Both gave me great training heading into the Spring (lots of miles and lots of vertical gain). I will definitely continue to do more events this Spring.

I'd be lying if I said my ankle is 100%, but I am able to keep training at this point, and that is a start. Caution is still the name of the game moving forward. I will continue to take extra rest after hard/long workouts. And I continue to do PT and contrast therapy.  What's more, I plan to increase my strength training and x-training to try and balance out my body a bit. The good news is that I twisted/rolled my ankle a few times on my Saturday long run and it responded fine.  One day at a time still.

Day Miles Notes
Monday Rest
Tuesday 7 Hills on TM
Wednesday6 Recovery
Thursday 8GA pace
FridayRest
Saturday 31 Highline Canal 50K
Sunday Rest
Total 52 About 4800 vertical feet

No comments:

Post a Comment