Monday, September 10, 2012

Weekly Training Wrap - 9/3 - 9/9

Week 3 of my Tendinosis injury and I spend the week focusing on PT, x-training, and some light cardio work. I feel like things are on the right track toward health, but finding the patience is difficult.

Monday 

AM - 1 hour
Worked out at the gym.  Started with weights, mixed in some stretching, then finished with some light cardio.

- Squats - 3 x 10 with a focus on eccentric portion
- Straight-legged-Deadlift - 3 x 8
- Overhead Press - 3 x 8 with a focus on the eccentric portion
- Leg extension - 3 x 8 with a focus on the eccentric portion
- Leg curls - 3 x 8 with a focus on the eccentric portion
- Dumbbell Curls - 3 x 8
- Incline Dumbbell Press - 3 x 8 with a focus on the eccentric portion
- 17 mins on the Treadmill @ 18% Grade (1 mile and 900 feet vertical)

PM - 15 mins
- Foam Roller (IT Band, Quads, Lowerback, Hamstrings)
- 2 x 10 of single-legged squats

Tuesday

PM - 45 mins

Worked out in my basement doing some core training with stretching and foam roller.

- 2 x 10 of single-legged squats
- 100 "ups" (running form drill)
- Foam Roller - 60 secs each of (IT Band, Quads, Hamstrings)
- Quad, Hamstring, and calf stretching
- Four rounds of

  • 30 secs of Plank
  • 30 secs of Push-ups
  • 30 secs of Clams
  • 30 secs of Crunches
  • 60 secs of Rest

Wednesday

AM - 1 hour

Treadmill power-hiking workout at the gym. Started at a 12% grade and progressed up to a 21% grade. I did about 10 minutes of stretching and working with the foam roller afterward. My knee hurt after the workout for a bit, but no pain on the Treadmill.

2.65 miles and 2250 vertical feet.

Thursday


AM - 15 mins

I am starting to get the hang of an eccentric single-legged squat.  I can almost do an entire one without support.

- 2 x 10 of single-legged squats
- Foam Roller - 60 secs each of (IT Band, Quads, Hamstrings)

Friday


PM - 1.25 Hours

Today was my first day of P90x.  It was Check & Back with Ab Ripper X.  For the purposes of documentation, I am going to list out all the exercises and a rough estimate of the number of reps I did with each.  I don't have my back stuff figured out just yet.  I bought a bar, but wasn't quite happy with the set up.  I used bands with limited success.

I did over 215 push ups.  I used 25 pounds for the Lawn Mower and Heavy Pants and 15 pounds for the Back Fly.

Ab Ripper X
I was supposed to do 25 reps on each exercise other than Mason Twist.  I struggled a bit in the middle, partly because I was gassed and partly because I was learning the movements.

I finished up with some light stretching and foam roller work.

Saturday


PM - 1.25 Hour

P90x Day 2 is designed to be a plyometric workout -- not the best thing for a guy with a sore knee. I opted for some eccentric air squats (100), single-legged squats (2 x 10 on each leg), foam rolling, and a dog walk.

Sunday


AM - 1.25 Hours

P90x Day 3 - Shoulders, Arms, Ab Ripper X.  The Ab ripper was hard because my core (hips mostly) are still tired and a bit sore from Friday's workout.

Total of 7 hours of mostly cross training work.

No comments:

Post a Comment