Sunday, March 10, 2013

Weekly Training Wrap - 3/4 - 3/10

Not a ton to say regarding training this week. I didn't do much running. After OP50, I followed with three full rest days. There was lots of sleeping and eating in those three days. I joked that I was eating and sleeping like a teenager again. It was very reminiscent of my recovery from my first 50 mile race. Perhaps the thing that kicked my butt the most might have been a case of heat exhaustion. I was really thirsty and had really chapped lips for two to three days after the race. And, I have something going on in my left hip and knee. I think it is a sore IT Band, but I am not too concerned at the moment. If it doesn't improve in another 5 - 7 days, I will probably become a bit uneasy about it.

My plan right now is to take one more week to transition from OP and start building back up for Leadville Silver Rush. I hope to put in 4 - 6 weeks of pretty intense strength training to continue rebuilding my body to handle big miles and ultras. During that time period, I will do almost entirely "base building" when I run.

Day Miles Notes
Monday Rest
Tuesday Rest
WednesdayRest Strength Training
ThursdayRestYoga for the Core
Friday7 Easy
Saturday 8Easy
Sunday Rest Strength Training
Total 15 About 1300 vertical feet

No comments:

Post a Comment