Monday, October 28, 2013

Weekly Training Wrap - 10/21 - 10/27

It feels strange to be writing one of these, the first in about 4 months. This was the first of 8 weeks that I have planned to do some high intensity training. Hopefully I can get fit(ter) and stronger while I continue to rehab my knee. I had made previous plans to do a trail run with a friend on Saturday, so I skipped out on doing a HIIT session. Other than that, this should be my routine for the next 8 weeks and then I will re-evaluate.

In other news, the WS100 lottery opens in about a little more than a week. Unfortunately, with a cloud still linger over my health, I am uncertain if I want to enter. The odds of getting in are still low (roughly 15% based on last year), so I'd like to take a shot and have more entries next year. However, if I got in, I fear that I'd be under a lot of stress to get healthy and get prepared by June. I am likely to enter the lottery, but it is not the lock it was 12 weeks ago. I thought I would be running miles like Dean Karnazes by now.

Day Miles Notes
Monday OffYoga
Tuesday 4 Half Mile Repeats (8:00, 7:30, 6:40, 6:54)
Upper Body Weights and PT Exercises
WednesdayOff Yoga
Thursday46 x 400 meter (1:36, 1:30, 1:47, 1:38, 1:51, 1:33)
Olympic Weights (Squat, Dead-lift, Leg Press, Overhead Press)
FridayOff Yoga for the Core
Saturday 8Easy Trail Run
Sunday OffSome PT Exercises and Running Specific Strength
Total 16

No comments:

Post a Comment