Monday, December 9, 2013

Weekly Training Wrap - 12/2 - 12/8

A solid week of training that was more or less unplanned. My hamstring has been slow to recover fully, but is allowing me to keep moving. The OCD side of me wishes I was running more miles, but I am thankful to at least be running consistently. I have a soft goal of hitting 30 miles in one week and 100 miles for the month of December.

The lottery process didn't workout for me again this year. That primarily means that I need a WS100 qualifier for next year. Given that the new requirements are for a 100k or 100m race, that limits my options quite a bit. I am pretty confident I will go do the Bear 100 as my qualifier, but maybe not as a goal race. The rest of the year will be built around that. Hopefully with 3 tickets and a new lottery qualifiers, my odds at getting into Western States in 2015 will be dramatically better.

Day Miles Notes
Monday OffRest
Tuesday 5 Easy
Full Body Weights
Wednesday6 Run in Snow
Thursday5Easy with 30 sec Fartleks
Full Body Weights
FridayOff Rest
Saturday OffRest
Sunday 10LSD midlong
Total 26

1 comment:

  1. I was just going to send you a note because I hadn't seen any updates for awhile. I'm glad the knee is a non-issue and hope the hamstring heals fast...Looks like the lottery didn't work out for a lot of people I 'know'. I looked at Bear too but am going to opt for RRR since its closer - I hope you do well with your training and are ready for the race!

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete