Sunday, March 16, 2014

Weekly Training Wrap - 3/10 - 3/16

Tough week for me. It was supposed to be a HUGE week (60+ miles) capped by a Fat Ass 50K run on Saturday. But life sometimes has other ideas... First, my son's soccer tournament got reschedule from last weekend due to snow. And my wife was out of town to run the Canyonlands Half Marathon, leaving me on Mr Mom duty. Worse, I have been feeling sick for the better part of the last 7 days. Nothing too major, just some achiness, stuffiness, and an "off" stomach. Finally, I suffered my second hamstring aggravation in the past 4 months (both due to weightlifting) and was pretty much unable to run until Saturday. Add it all up and I really was sort of fortunate to get 26 miles in this week.

Going forward I am going to change up my lifting a bit and avoid the Romanian Deadlift that has hurt my hamstrings (once each). Honestly, my knee has become something of a non-factor, which is GREAT. I honestly wondered if that day would ever come. (Though I still cannot sit on my heels, which I used to be able to do.) I will put strength training into maintenance mode for now and focus more on functional/body weight exercises as I build my miles.

Day Miles Notes
Monday OffRest
Tuesday 2 Hamstring Test
PT and Body Weight Training
WednesdayOff Rest
Thursday2Hamstring Test
PT and Body Weight Training
FridayOff Walk/Run with Dog
Saturday 7Easy
Sunday 15Long Run Pace
Total 26

No comments:

Post a Comment