Sunday, March 30, 2014

Weekly Training Wrap - 3/24 - 3/30

A pretty darn strong week for me. In fact, I set a PR for TRIMP points with 1027 point on just a little over 9 hours of training. I think that number was aided slightly by a small change to my zones -- I lowered my Zone 1 cut off to 143 -- and an unusually high HR day on Wednesday. Things settled out a little bit with my weight training and diet. However, I think the diet is still a work in progress and may take another few weeks to really engrain for me. My terrible HR day on Wednesday was likely a result of too little sodium to go with this high fat diet.

This week certainly helped to salvage a frustrating month that had me fall about 50 miles shy of my goal. The final stats for March:

  • 21 runs totaling 194.3 miles (once again a little shy of my per month goal for 2014)
  • 18,670 feet of vertical gain or slightly more than my per month goal for 2014
  • Two 20 mile runs and two weekends of B2B long runs

As I look at the big picture, it is pretty hard to complain. I have increased my miles each month since recovering from knee surgery. And, I have compiled 7 weeks of at least 47 since the beginning of the year and 557 miles YTD. I think I am in a good place. The meat of the trail running season is still in front of me and I persevered through Winter -- my least favorite time of year to run. That said, I only have 13 weeks to North Fork 50 and likely need to start pushing both volume and intensity a touch. I think intensity will be harder if I continue to worry too much about HR training. This ultra low carb diet is proving to be a challenge as well. I'll find a way to make it work.

Day Miles Notes
Monday 5Easy
Tuesday 10 Hill Repeats
Strength Training
Wednesday5 Easy
Thursday7Progressive
PT and Body Weight Training
FridayOff Rest
Saturday 20Long Road Run
Sunday 14Bluffs Loop
Total 62About 6100 feet of vert

No comments:

Post a Comment