Sunday, April 13, 2014

Weekly Training Wrap - 4/7 - 4/13

I am pretty darn happy with where my training is at. This week finished off a 4-week block that totaled 230 miles and almost 25K of vertical. After a long, technical, big vertical trail run on Saturday, I pretty much feel totally back to my pre-surgery self, functionally at least. I still have a little work to do to get fit, but I feel I can train the way I want to finally -- just in time for trail season to really kick off. Tuesday's run (a GA-effort w/ some Fartleks) gave me confidence that my overall fitness is nearing 2013 levels on the road, but Saturday's long proved I have a bit of work to do on the trails. My body really freaked out in the warm afternoon weather.

I have a pretty aggressive cutback week (down to around 45 miles) that I plan to make use of to rest up and reinvigorate my cross training routines. And, I am traveling a bit for work.

Day Miles Notes
Monday OffRest
Tuesday 11 MLR w/ Fartleks
Tuesday 4 Run Club Recovery
Wednesday5 Easy
PT and Body Weight Training
Thursday10Hill Repeats
Thursday5Bluffs @ Lunch
FridayOff Rest
Saturday 19Long @ Deer Creek
Sunday 7Easy
Total 61About 7700 feet of vert

No comments:

Post a Comment